We are looking for a seasoned Education/K-12 Strategic Business Development Executive to join our growing team.
Working within our business development team, you’ll be responsible for all aspects related to sales, ensuring perfect product fit, aligning product pricing, and developing a go-to-market strategy for the Education Vertical (K-12, Higher Education, Professional Schools). You will work closely with RightEye’s marketing, direct sales, and product development teams, as well as other stakeholders, to ensure successful market penetration.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Must have demonstrated ability to hunt and win complex enterprise-level sales in the Education space.
• Responsible for the finding the “sweet-spot” match between our product and the education market segment. Develop a perfect product fit, USP, GTM strategy, and forecast sales projections.
• Research and identify prospects. Cultivate interest. Educate on benefits. Demonstrate features. Create demand. Build pipeline for organic growth. Manage the sales process from lead through the closed deal.
• Prepare and deliver pitches to potential customers.
• Maintain control of complex or long-tail sales opportunities through to close.
• Accountable for achieving pipeline, sales, and business development efficiency results that meet or exceed assigned targets.
• Requires exploring business and revenue generating relationships with all market stakeholders including end-users, industry thought leaders and influencers, associations, and local and state government entities.
• Conduct presentations at seminars, briefings, conferences, and workshops, as well as for individual prospective customers.
• Serve as a proactive and value-added member of our revenue leadership team, shares updates in a timely manner, and provides ongoing feedback and contributes to long-term corporate goals.
• Related activities include strategic planning, target identification and prioritization, and proposal strategy development and implementation.
• The ability and willingness to travel, as needed, is required.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in business, or related field preferred.
• 15+ years’ experience in strategic business development and complex enterprise-level sales.
• Experience in selling enterprise-level SaaS solutions in education is preferred.
• Demonstrated success in meeting and exceeding quotas in the $3-$5M range.
• Must be a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit and have a demonstrated ability to build a sustainable market.
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate and build win-win partnerships externally with customers and with prospective partners, with particular focus on understanding how to leverage technology, relationships, and corporate differentiators.
• Excellent communication skills and highly effective interpersonal skills are required as well as an ability to inspire confidence and provide business development leadership throughout the company.
• Solid analytical and reporting skills; comfortable with a spreadsheet and analyzing data to report on metrics.
• Working knowledge of relevant sales tools (e.g. Salesforce)
• Demonstrated multitasking and critical thinking skills are a must.
• Work from our headquarters in Bethesda, Maryland